Saturday, February 12, 2022

Weekend to-do list

 I have a few items on my model railroad To Do list for this weekend. 

1. The first is to finally complete and upload a video update. It's been about 10 months or so since I posted an update to my You Tube channel. Of course, no one's knocking down my door asking for a video update - but I do have a (relatively) new computer and phone so I want to see if the video editing experience is any easier with this new hardware. 

2. Replace the decoder in no. 472. This particular model is a Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0. The Soundtraxx decoder I installed more than two decades ago started showing its age - and I ended up taking the engine out of service before one of the last op sessions on my previous layout. Time to see if swapping the decoder solves its problems. 

3. Get the base scenery in place to the right of the Williams Creek trestle. I'v actually got the basic pieces of foam board cut for this area, it's merely a matter of devoting a couple of hours to gluing the pieces in place and carving the basic landforms. 

Tune back in on Monday morning to see how well I did! 




1 comment:

Galen Gallimore said...

Marty,

"Of course, no one's knocking down my door asking for a video update..." Sometimes I feel the same way about blogging. I enjoy the writing and hope that the pleasure I get from the hobby comes through the posts and inspires others in their own ventures, but nobody's pinging me to say, "Hey, how come you haven't posted in a while?" or "How's that project going?".

Well, I'm sure I'm not alone in saying - "Hey Marty! When are you going to post a new video!?!" . Whatever you share - and whenever you share it, I'm sure it'll be good and I look forward to seeing it.

Galen