Friday, March 14, 2014

Randolph "Signature" Structures


Although the blog has been fairly quiet for the last two weeks, I have been (slowly) making progress on getting the track in place in Randolph. At some point the track will be down, wired, and working and I can run trains again! In the meantime, here are some of the key structures in Randolph that I want to include on the layout.
First and foremost is the station area –
George Dimond photo, courtesy Central Vermont Railway Historical Society Collection.
Perhaps one of the best know structures in Randolph among CV fans and modelers, the Randolph Coal and Ice building, which at the time I'm modeling was the R. B. Osha Co.  
And the old firehouse, which is today the town museum:
These are the few of the “signature” elements” I want to include in my Randolph scene. There are some others which I'll share in future posts. “Stay tuned” for more details as I address modeling each of them. In the meantime, I’ll get back to tracklaying…

No comments: