Monday, December 28, 2020

Video Layout Update 09


Hope all had a Merry Christmas - and wish all nothing but the best for 2021!
Just prior to the holidays I posted a layout update video on YouTube. 

Here’s the link:


I’m afraid there’s not a lot of visually exciting things to share - I’ve been spending virtually all my hobby time in the last month or so working on electrical and mechanical items - but I’m happy to report the seemingly never-ending Tortoise install project is almost completed!
I also got an early Christmas present this year in the form of a couple of Athearn CV GP9s. 

It’s likely impossible for folks who model things like the Santa Fe, Conrail, BNSF etc,,, to appreciate how much of a thrill it is to get a complete factory painted locomotive that I don’t have paint/decal etc.. myself!
While I do get to use factory painted CN locomotives from time to time, CV factory painted engines are a comparative rarity. 
It’s happened exactly three times with diesels that I can think of in the past - an Atlas RS-11 (two paint schemes) and an S-2!
Apparently there are some “issues” with the details on the Athearn GP9s - I’m hardly a diesel locomotive expert so you’ll have to ask someone who knows more than I do for a run down on the issues. 
To me, they look like CV GP9s and sound nice - and all I had to do was figure out how to get them out of the packaging! 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don Janes wrote up his efforts to correct the Geeps. https://whiteriverdivision.blogspot.com/2021/01/revisiting-athearn-genesis-central.html

Matt Forcum said...

Excellent updates! I'm working on installing tortoises myself. Pain in the you-know-what! :)

Harrison Smith said...

Very nice blog, looking forward to more videos and posts. Just subscribed to your YouTube.

CVSNE said...

Thanks! Hope you find something useful - or at least entertaining in the videos.
Which reminds me, another video update is overdue ....