Saturday, August 2, 2014

Waterbury Freight House



I started cutting out the door and window openings for the Waterbury freight house before we left on vacation. I had some time this afternoon so I finished those up and taped the walls together to see the structures would look when installed on the layout. When this photo was taken I still hadn't cut the door and window openings on the one-story "new" freight house. 
With these structures in place I could determine how big to make the Shepley Coal Co. sheds. 
To the left of the two-story building you can see the paper walls to get a rough idea of the size of the sheds. 
I'm using wood for the two story portion of the building since it was unpainted during the era I'm modeling. I felt the wood would be easier to stain to look like unpainted wood than styrene. It's been a long time since I've cut window openings in basswood. Now I remember why I prefer styrene!

No comments:

Post a Comment