Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Modeling the October Scene - Now on Video


Progress proceeds slowly (very slowly!) on the  Missisiquoi River bridge project. I'm rapidly growing to loath the Central Valley bridge kit - but at least I'm making steady, if somewhat frustrating, progress. 

In the meantime, you may have noticed I've been on a bit of video kick lately - my offering today is a recording of my "Modeling the October Scene" clinic. I recorded it at my desk over the weekend and uploaded it to my YouTube channel. You can find the video by clicking on the link HERE

Ultimately I'd like to do a video step-by-step showing how I make scenery but that's currently beyond my technical abilities. 


2 comments:

David Keith said...

Very nice video. One of the best start to finish overviews of scenery for a model railroad.

Jeff Lodge Studio said...

Marty, I met you at several of the early 2000's CVRHS meetings, one in Willimantic, and maybe Northfield and a third year I passed you guys in Palmer as I was traveling south on the Vermonter. I lived in Brattleboro then, but now live in Alexandria, VA. In Vermont, I was too busy with renovating a house, here in Alexandria I don't have the room for a layout. I still have the bug, structure plan and building, resin kits, scenery, painting (see my web page), electronics, and other skills. I don't know if you are interested in collaboration or assistance on the current version of SNE. If you are still in the Northern VA area and are interested in working session help and other layout help, drop me a line! Jeffreylodge@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Jeff Lodge