Thursday, May 18, 2017

Layout tear-down update

Thanks to all who have written individually or posted to the blog. I've been in the middle of a big project at work, and moving is well, all consuming, so I haven't been able to respond to all the notes, posts, comments, etc... Here's a quick rundown on where this project currently sits:
- The layout is still in place, but not for much longer. Thanks to my folks visiting last weekend and looking to help, the railroad is now devoid of trees ... most of the fall trees have been packed away for possible reuse. My dad proved to be quite the logger....


- Monday my folks helped me pack up my workshop - so the lathe, milling machine, scratchbuilding material etc... are all boxed up and ready to go into temporary storage. First, I have to haul all those (heavy) boxes upstairs!
- Over the course of the last couple of weeks of evenings I managed to pack up all the all the cars, locomotives, and structures, etc...
- All the salvageable track (ie. any track without ballast) has been removed from the layout. Any pieces of code 70 track longer than 2 feet have been bundled and packed away. All others bits and pieces of track, broken turnouts, etc...went to the curb. 
Next step will be the worst - removing the layout framework itself. That's on the docket for next couple of weekends...

4 comments:

Gene said...

😳😳😳😳😳😳Are you moving???

Unknown said...

Good Luck i hope all goes well

http://lewislakerailroad.blogspot.co.uk/

Trevor said...

Dad doesn't look too happy about this task. I think he was hoping to run more trains on your layout...
Glad to hear the tear-out is proceeding apace. Good luck with the rest of it. And of course I'm eager to see what you build next!
- Trevor (Port Rowan in 1:64)

CVSNE said...

He was probably wishing we were on the golf course....